CNC Milling & Routing
Our precision CNC routing and milling services are used for a wide range of plastic and metal materials, with a fast turnaround. We can machine both simple 2D designs from flat sheet or more complex 3D, contoured shapes.
CNC milling and routing is perfect for producing high quality and extremely accurate parts for either prototypes or the complete production parts. It is also perfect for adding details such as holes, cutouts and recesses to vacuum formings and laser cut parts.
- We can work with your existing CAD files, eg IGES, DXF, DWG etc or we are able to draw and program from a simple sketch or physical part you provide. We like a challenge!
- We are specialists in machining lead-loaded acrylic, known as Premac.
- We can machine sheets up to 3000mm x 1500mm x 100mm
- We have the ability to machine “off-bed”. This is ideal for machining large items such as Peli cases
- We have lots of ways to hold parts for machining, from vacuum CNC beds, vices and double sided tape through to specialist jigs and fixtures.
These are 2 examples of engraving, using a CNC router. The example on the left is an engraving laminate, sometimes called Traffolyte, which has different coloured layers to give a contrast to the engraving. The example on the right is aluminium.
Bung machined from 45mm black acetal. Multiple bungs are machined together out of one large sheet of acetal.
This is an acrylic keyboard spacer which is an example of how lasering and CNC routing can be used together. The main profile and cutouts were cut on the laser which is a very fast process. The spacer is then located on a special fixture on the CNC router to machine recesses and finer details.
This is a crane footpad machined from 40mm PE500 with CNC routed holes, counterbores and engraving.
Committed to High Quality Service
Experts in a wide range of plastic fabrication methods, including machining, routing, welding, and in-depth knowledge of material specification, solvent and structural adhesives and mechanical joining techniques.
Prototyping & Tooling
Prototyping & Tooling
Our range of production equipment allied to our skill set enables us to offer prototyping services from single component through to assemblies.
We have two printers – a FormLab 2 SLA unit for fine detail and a 3DP FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) unit with a massive build volume of 1 metre x 1 metre x 500 mm
We have a twin head 150 watt laser for laser cutting and engraving of corrosive plastic sheet materials, as well as a 1500×2500 flat bed 150 watt laser for fine quality high finish production.